This semester we will be working on community enhancement projects located in Downtown Las Vegas. I am really excited to delve into this project because community enhancement projects really interest me. We are beginning with research on the city of Las Vegas and I have volunteered to research the beginnings and history of it. I am particularly interested in how rapidly the city changed over time - how it has been invented and reinvented over and over.
One of the first exercises our class did was to establish qualities we would want people working at our firm (thinking 20 years ahead) to have. I found this an interesting assignment because we essentially laid out what we should expect of ourselves.
- Hard workers/Passionate/Motivated/Positive
- Adaptable/Learns new things/Easy going
- Focused & Detail oriented/Follows instructions
- Good communicator/Marketable/People and Social Skills
- Can see the big picture/conceptual thinker
- "Architecture" skills
- Analytical/Knowledgeable- Problem solving ability
- Takes initiative/self-motivated
- Organized- good at time management
- Community conscious/Self aware/Honest